There are many variations of garage lifts around, but the one type that suits most small businesses and repair shops is called a 2 post lift. These dependable machines permit a car to be hoisted high above head height, allowing the mechanic easy access to all areas underneath the vehicle. A two post lift does this lifting through two arms, which are in turn attached to two posts, which are affixed to the ground by several reinforced bolts.Kindly visit This Site to find more information.
Since they consist of bulky moving parts, and also because the lift such heavy loads, proper safety precautions should be taken before using one:
– Every lift has a maximum safe working load (SWL) rating that must be observed. If you have a large vehicle, check to make sure it is under this value before attempting to load it onto the lift.
– Take into account the balance of the car, on older cars the midpoint isn’t necessarily where you would think it is. A good idea when first lifting a car on a 2 post lift is to raise it up a few inches off the ground, and then gently rock it. If it feels unsafe, lower, reposition, and repeat.
– Remember that in addition to the height of the lift posts, a fully raised lift will boost the roof of the vehicle even further. To prevent the roof of the vehicle from hitting the ceiling, factor in this additional height.
– The manufacturers of the lift will usually have a helpline you can call to get advice (if it is from a well known company, at least). Call this number if you have any queries about its use.
– Make sure you get the lift serviced regularly, and that means every couple of years. These types of lift are incredibly robust once installed, but like all machinery, the moving parts can wear out over time.